Ultrasound examinations of various organs can be conducted both for preventive purposes and to establish an accurate diagnosis of a condition.
Ultrasound examination allows for the detection of various formations (cysts, tumors, and others) and can prevent the progression of diseases, even in cases where the patient may not experience any symptoms.
“Clinicus Klaipėda” offers the following ultrasound examinations:
- breast ultrasound: is performed to diagnose both benign and malignant breast conditions. It is a crucial examination before any cosmetic breast surgery and is recommended annually after the procedure for monitoring purposes, as well as for preventive screenings;
- abdominal ultrasound: is used to inspect internal organs (gallbladder and bile ducts, stomach, liver, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, bladder, and urinary tract, duodenum, and intestines);
- pelvic ultrasound: is conducted to examine prostate and testicles for men, and uterus and ovarian for women. During ultrasound monitoring, cysts and other formations can be punctured or biopsied as needed;
- ultrasound is also used to examine soft tissues (skin, subcutaneous structures, salivary glands), lymph nodes, muscles, and joints (after injuries and in degenerative diseases), blood vessels (in the neck and other areas), peripheral nerves, and the thyroid gland;
- following the ultrasound examination, the clinic’s doctors hold a consultation to discuss the results, determine the next steps, confirm or rule out the diagnosis, and provide recommendations.
How to prepare for the ultrasound examination?
Approximately 4-5 hours prior to the ultrasound examination of the abdomen, kidneys, urinary bladder, and genital organs, refrain from eating or drinking fluids. Avoid consuming foods that could lead to bloating before the procedure. It is necessary to have a full urinary bladder during the ultrasound.
No specific preparation is needed for ultrasound examinations of the thyroid, breasts, blood vessels, or lymph nodes.
Ultrasound examinations are subject to charges, with prices ranging from €50 to €80
You can pre-register on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. by calling the following phone numbers: +370 665 14000, +370 46 411 411, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can fill out the registration form on our website.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at our location on 25A Šaulių Street, Klaipėda.